Terms and conditions of hire
1. Chalet 345 (‘the property’) is offered for hire subject to confirmation by Michelle van Tulder(‘the owners’) to the renter (‘the client’).
2. The balance of the total cost is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation of your booking must be made in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply:
- Cancellation received 8 weeks or more prior to arrival Loss of deposit
- Cancellation received less than 8 weeks prior to arrival 100% cancellation charge
4. The client is recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance which includes cancellation cover.
5. A security deposit of €600 for each booking is required against breakages and damage to the property and its contents. This deposit shall not limit the client’s liability to the owners. The deposit is payable together with the last payment and will be refunded once the property has been checked and it is found that no damage has occurred.
6. An end of week clean is included in the price. This is for a 6 hour clean. If you leave the property in such a condition that it requires longer than 6 hours to clean, then we will deduct €20 per hour extra required from the security deposit. Please let the property neat and tidy and take your rubbish down to the communal rubbish bins, during and at the end of your stay. The closest are at the car park at the bottom of the hill.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day.
8. The maximum number of people to reside in the property should not exceed the number shown on the booking form.
9. Price includes all electricity (central heating & hot water) and logs for the fire, however, please set the heating to a reasonable level and turn down where necessary.
10. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition with all parts of the property in a good state of repair at the end of the rental period. The owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition including the cost of laundering any curtains, upholstery or bedding where necessary.
11. The client also agrees not to act in any way to cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
12. The client shall report to the owners without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the property or garden. Arrangements for repair/replacement will be made as soon as possible and the client will permit access by the owner for this purpose.
13. The owners shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment or appliances in the property or garden. Nor for any loss, damage, or injury, which is the result of any adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners. The owners are also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such an event the owners shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
14. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the client for the rental period.
15. The client will not remove any of the contents from the property or make any addition or alteration to the property.
16. The owner may in exceptional circumstances be required to cancel the booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to the client.
17. The owner shall have no liability for personal injury or death. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to or loss of personal property of the client. The client is responsible for insuring his own contents and personal effects kept at the property
18. No pets are allowed in the property.
19. No smoking is allowed inside the property.